Thursday, October 20, 2005


NYC OCTOBER- THURSDAY
It's "fireworks" at the Metropolitan Opera! Actually the photo shows the very 60's fabulous Viennese crystal chandeliers that hang in the lobby - very right now. I was lucky enough to be invited again, by my cook book author friend Susan Simon, to the opera to see Verdi's Falstaff. What a marvelous production. James Levine was cheered even before he started conducting! The sets and costumes were stunningly designed by Franco Zeffirelli! And, the singing in the nation's most important opera company was superb. I was very curious to hear the renowned Welsh bass-baritone, Bryn Terfel, the reigning Falstaff of our day, as I have heard so much about him. But, mostly I enjoyed the women singing, the fabulous Stephanie Blythe as Mistress Quickly and Heidi Grant Murphy as Nannetta. If you can get tickets as there is only one performance left - 22nd October - it's worth it!
Pin It

No comments: